Annual event held the 3rd weekend of September. Apples are cut, cooked into applesauce and eventually into apple butter. Help is always needed, especially with stirring and canning, traditionally done on Sunday afternoon Stew Remaly, John Pasour.
Meets 3rd Saturday each month in the Vestry House at 12:30 pm. Books chosen are reviewed each month. The group decides after the book discussion what next ‘read’ will be. Jane Thurston, director; Beth Altman.
Coffee ‘n Compline
Following the 8 am and 10:30am Sunday worship services, refreshments are served in the lower level of the parish house. Volunteer hosts and hostesses serve coffee, tea, and light refreshments for parishioners and guests who gather for fellowship. Connie Myers, Coordinator.
Episcopal Church Women
The ECW provides opportunities for all women, all ages, to serve both the church and the community. Much of the work of the women occurs in two guilds: the Ann Mason Guild, which meets mornings, and the Martha Guild, which meets evenings. Both are involved in many outreach programs and funds are raised at different activities throughout the year to support these programs. A main fundraiser is the Christmas Mart that is held on the third Thursday in November. In the fall we join all the Episcopal Church Women in the Diocese of Virginia for our annual meeting. Helen Parker, Diocesan Liaison.
- Ann Mason Guild: The Ann Mason Guild meets monthly at 9:30 am on the second Tuesday, except during the summer. Angela Edgemon, President.
- Martha Guild: The Martha Guild meets the first Wednesday evening of the month beginning at 7:30 pm, except during the summer. Please see the Events page of this website for the link to our virtual meetings. We want to continue our contact with each other and create ways that we can continue our mission – “helping others both within and outside of the church.” We add projects/events as they are planned. Connie Myers, President.
Pohick Foyer groups were formed several years ago to promote dinner fellowship among parishioners and as a way to introduce new members to those who have been here a little longer. The covered dish affairs, of approximately 8 to 10 people per group, are held at a group member’s home monthly. All are encouraged to participate! Anne Derbes, Coordinator.
Senior Adult Ministry
This group meets regularly for Christian fellowship with the intention to provide social activities for seniors who don’t get out enough and would like to have a group they feel comfortable with to attend various events and activities. Activities may include visiting the Museum of the Bible, sporting events, concerts and dinner gatherings. We are inactive at this time due to the pandemic, but will resume activities when it becomes safe again for social gatherings. Doug Smith, coordinator
Young Adult Ministry
Aaron L. Ross, Seminarian, oversees various ministries connecting young adults of Pohick, working with each coordinator.
- Playdate for babies and toddlers: TBD. Stay tuned for details!
- Fellowship Friday: A monthly dinner gathering of families who would like to meet or get to know more of their fellow Pohickians in a relaxed and fun setting. Age appropriate activities and childcare are provided for children so adults can focus on casual fellowship over pizza and beverages. Meets once a month in the Parish Hall with separate activities for the children in the same building. Check the Events Calendar for meeting dates! Jen Crump-Strawderman, coordinator
- Guild of the Christ Child: The Guild of the Christ Child works towards improving our nursery facilities, and supports families after the birth of a child and at baptisms and confirmations. Currently seeking a new Director.
- 20s, 30s & 40s Ministry: TBD: Stay tuned for details!