Apple Butter: Annual event held the 3rd weekend of September. Apples are cut, cooked into applesauce and eventually into apple butter. Help is always needed, especially with stirring and canning, traditionally done on Sunday afternoon. Cancelled for 2020 due to pandemic but will resume planning in Spring 2021. Stew Remaly, John Pasour
Book Club: Meets 3rd Saturday each month in the Vestry House at 12:30 pm. Books chosen are reviewed each month. The group decides after the book discussion what next ‘read’ will be. Plans are in the works to begin meeting virtually during the pandemic. Jane Thurston, director; Beth Altman
Coffee ‘n Compline: Initiated during the pandemic, this one-hour event combines open fellowship and a brief and contemplative compline service, with music, Wednesdays at 7:00 pm. See web page for Zoom link and email Carmel Hodge for password. Officiated by Rev. Lynn Ronaldi and Rev. Alex Allain
Coffee Hosts: Following every Sunday worship service, refreshments are served in the lower level of the parish house. Volunteer hosts and hostesses serve coffee, tea, and light refreshments for parishioners and guests who gather for fellowship. The Vestry and the ECW provide funding for coffee. Note: Coffee Hour is occurring virtually during the pandemic; see Coffee ‘n Compline link. Nancy & Jud Bireley (7:45 am); Lucy Look (9:00 am and 11:15 am), coordinators
Episcopal Church Women: The ECW provides opportunities for all women, all ages, to serve both the church and the community. Much of the work of the women occurs in two guilds: the Ann Mason Guild, which meets mornings, and the Martha Guild, which meets evenings. Both are involved in many outreach programs and funds are raised at different activities throughout the year to support these programs. A main fundraiser is the Christmas Mart that is held on the third Thursday in November. In the fall we join all the Episcopal Church Women in the Diocese of Virginia for our annual meeting. Helen Parker, Diocesan Liaison
- Ann Mason Guild: The Ann Mason Guild meets monthly at 9:30 am on the second Tuesday, except during the summer. Zoom scheduled during the pandemic. Angela Edgemon, President
- Martha Guild: The Martha Guild meets the first Wednesday evening of the month beginning at 7:30 pm, except during the summer. During the pandemic we will hold our meetings via Zoom. Please see the Events page of this website for the link to our virtual meetings. We want to continue our contact with each other and create ways that we can continue our mission – “helping others both within and outside of the church.” We add projects/events as they are planned. Connie Myers, President
Foyer Groups: Pohick Foyer groups were formed several years ago to promote dinner fellowship among parishioners and as a way to introduce new members to those who have been here a little longer. The covered dish affairs, of approximately 8 to 10 people per group, are held at a group member’s home monthly. All are encouraged to participate! During the pandemic, dinners have been cancelled, but new groups will hopefully resume in Spring 2021. Anne Derbes coordinator
Senior Adult Ministry: This group meets regularly for Christian fellowship with the intention to provide social activities for seniors who don’t get out enough and would like to have a group they feel comfortable with to attend various events and activities. Activities may include visiting the Museum of the Bible, sporting events, concerts and dinner gatherings. We are inactive at this time due to the pandemic, but will resume activities when it becomes safe again for social gatherings. Doug Smith, coordinator
Young Adult Ministry: Rev. Alex Allain oversees various ministries connecting young adults of Pohick, working with each coordinator.
- Babies Take Over the Church: This fellowship group is for parents with young kids. Started in mid 2019, the group meets roughly once a week during the school day to help provide peer interactions and friendship for young kids that are too young for school and not in daycare. It also provides their parent(s) with adult conversation while watching the kids. We anticipate adding weekend events, likely on a quarterly basis, for young kids and their parents. May meet virtually during pandemic. Currently seeking a new coordinator; Rev. Alex Allain
- Fellowship Friday: A monthly dinner gathering of families who would like to meet or get to know more of their fellow Pohickians in a relaxed and fun setting. Age appropriate activities and childcare are provided for children so adults can focus on casual fellowship over pizza and beverages. Meets once a month in the Parish Hall with separate activities for the children in the same building. Currently meeting virtually, via Zoom, during the pandemic. Check the Events Calendar for meeting dates! Pierce Prior and Jen Crump-Strawderman, coordinators
- Guild of the Christ Child: The Guild of the Christ Child works towards improving our nursery facilities, and supports families after the birth of a child and at baptisms and confirmations. Currently seeking a new Director.
- 20s, 30s & 40s Ministry: This young adult group meets once a month for a dinner, fun activity, or service project. Their goal is to support each other in their walk of faith wherever they may be on that journey. If you have a Facebook account, check out their page: Pohick Church 20s & 30s Ministry. Jane Rolander, Alex Smith, Kristina Myers, Rev. Alex Allain