Drop off items on Saturday, November 21 • 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
The Pohick Outreach Team is asking for help to provide LCAC with Thanksgiving food baskets so that those less fortunate will be able to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. Assemble a food basket from the list below:
- 1 bag of apples or oranges
- 1 bag of potatoes
- 1 bag of onions
- 1 box of stuffing (no bags)
- 1 package or can of gravy (no jars)
- 2 pound bag of rice
- 2 boxes of pasta
- 1 large container of pasta sauce (no glass jars)
- 1 bottle of oil
- 1 box of brownie mix or cake mix and frosting
- 1 box of cereal
- 1 box of kids snacks – 8 count
- $25 grocery gift card from Food Lion
If possible, please pack items in sturdy boxes or plastic bins.
The Lorton Community Action Center is also asking for teams of two volunteers to deliver food to their clients. Interested parishioners should contact Edwardene Pitcock at email@example.com.
The food baskets will be collected in the Pohick Church parking lot on Saturday, November 21 from 9:00 am to noon.
Unable to assemble an entire basket? No worry! Bring what you can – all donations are appreciated!