- Next meeting you may attend: Monday, May 22, at 9 am in Parish House Classroom A.
- A HUGE Thank You to you, Pohick! Our “adopted” Afghan family is extremely touched and grateful for our help the past several weeks. As an update, the Husain Extended family has 14 people. The older father and his wife have several children aged 23, 20,18,16,13, 9, 6, 4 and 9 months. The oldest son, 23, and his wife, have a 22 -month- old and a 3-month- old. The 23 -year- old father is taking English classes from 9:30-2:30 and his 21 -year -old wife and 20 -year -old sister are attending a GED program that is an hour long bus ride away. All the children are attending Alexandria City schools.
- Our generosity has provided the Husains with desks, diapers, wipes, toys, a vegetable chopper, food and Visa gift cards. We foresee other obstacles they will encounter in the upcoming months regarding bills and other needs or wants and appreciate all the cash donations that can be used for this.
- Mike Morgan has added the Afghan Ministry to the Pohick e-giving site if you are a Parishioner. This cannot be used if checking out as a visitor. Then the best way to donate is to contact Mike Morgan or write a check with a note indicating Afghan Ministry.
- Feel free to contact Patty Mitchell with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org