Based on multiple sources, and the counsel of both staff and vestry, I have chosen to treat the subsiding pandemic as “endemic.” In other words, we need to learn to live with variations of this virus, which may be part of our lives for a long time. We will continue to take precautions against spreading the virus. Of course, we would re-evaluate and pivot if serious changes were to occur.
Sunday-after-next, on February 6, we will re-gather in person! We will return to our pre-Christmas guidelines for In-Person Worship, Christian Education and Fellowship!
Worship: Feb. 6, we return to 8:00 am Rite I Eucharist in the church, with no restrictions on numbers. We also return to 10:30 am Rite II Eucharist with music in the church, with no restricitons on numbers. Although cases from the Omicron variant have been declining, we do ask you to practice these ongoing precautions:
· Be vaccinated
· Wear a medical mask. If you have only a cloth mask, an usher will provide a medical mask when you arrive. Please wear this mask.
· Be prepared to sit with only family members in a box pew, or to be spaced 6 feet apart within a box.
· We urge little to no contact, offering a sign of peace or fist-bump.
· We will offer “Communion in Both Kinds,” by providing communicants an option to receive the Host intincted (dipped) into the Chalice and placed on your palm. You may cross one arm over your chest to indicate host only.
· Dave will contact the choir about guidelines and practices.
· Dave has already contacted Youth Choir parents to attend a planning meeting on February 6, immediately following the 10:30 am service.
· Golf cart transportation is available from the lower parking lot.
· Nursery is available.
· Sunday, February 6, we will resume In-Person Christian Education for both adults and children during the 9:15 CE-Fellowship Hour in the Parish House.
· Adults will begin the 2022 Inquirers Class. This is a comprehensive class taught by Rev. Lynn that begins with creation and moves through the history of salvation, the Bible, development of Christianity and Anglicanism, being Episcopalian, and examining our spiritual gifts and callings. We are working on a Zoom option as well.
· Youth are invited to attend Rev. Celal’s Confirmation Class, which will take place during the CE-Fellowship Hour. Rev. Celal will provide info.
· Children are warmly welcomed to attend Sunday School classes in the Parish House as well. We hope all children will return!
· As of Monday, January 31, parishioners may resume all meetings and events, such as Guild and Brotherhood meetings, EYC meetings in person, Super Bowl at the Rectory, George Washington Breakfast, etc.
· After Ash Wednesday (March 1), a special Lenten Program Series presented by renowned spiritual writer/retreat leader Rev. Martin Smith and Rev. Lynn is planned for the following five Wednesdays from 7 to 8 pm. Due to health concerns, we will offer limited in-person seating (sign-ups to come) in the parish hall, with coffee and cookies but no dinner. Live-streamed participation will be available.
· At all classes, meetings and events, please continue to practice safe-gathering techniques we’ve learned, like vaccinating, masking and distancing, and pre-packed or pre-plated foods, as often as possible.
· The staff will continue to work both in the office and at home, practicing safe gathering guidelines as well. The office will be open M-F, 9 am to 4 pm.