Hard to believe but Apple Butter is only 2 months away! The Apple Butter Committee has been hard at work coordinating the Pohick Apple Butter Come Back Tour currently scheduled for 24-26 September 2021. The making of Apple Butter has been a long-standing tradition at Pohick and an event for the entire Parish Family and Friends. Apple Butter weekend is all about good wholesome fun, fellowship, family, outreach, and working to make the best Apple Butter in Northern Virginia! Come join in the fun, fellowship, and help kick off the Pohick Church Year!
The Committee needs everyone’s help in making this another successful Outreach Event. Many hands make light work and we need volunteers to help:
- Learn and then lead and coordinate the event for next year
- Lead and support ordering and picking up of the apples
- Lead and support wood cutting
- Lead and support canning
- Lead and support apple processing (cutting, slicing, and making of sauce)
- Lead and support setup and cleanup
- Lead and support the stirring process
- Lead and support advertising and selling.